Consigning WomenThe brick and mortar store is now closed. Look for handbags, jewelry and accessories in the online store.
How To Consign
Thank you for wanting to become a valued consignor at Consigning Women. This ‘How To Consign’ section will offer some guidelines to help you become a successful consignor. Taking the time to read this section will make the act of consigning worthwhile.
We accept brand new & pre-owned very good quality women’s apparel, shoes, and accessories including handbags, belts, scarves, wraps, fashion jewelry, and sunglasses. All items must be in mint condition and no older than 2 years. Luxury merchandise is the exception to age.
Bring us a minimum of 5 items to get started and discover the hidden dollars in your closet by following these steps.
- Call 905.935.7168 to make an appointment.
- Review consignment guidelines and “Our Merchandise” page to see what the store will carry.
- Prepare apparel/accessories for consigning.
- Bring fashionable, in season ready for sale merchandise. We do not have the space to store off-season items.
- Get paid for what has been sold.
We are label conscious and accept only quality independent boutique, designer or authentic luxury labels. Our standards are high, please ensure that your items are newer styles only. We won’t accept items without a label, whether it has been cut off, fallen off or never had one to begin with. The actual labels on luxury items will not have any markings at all other than manufacture information.
Labels we don’t take:
No retail chain merchandise (5 or more stores in a chain) and no fast fashion. Apt. 9, 212 Collection, Ivanka Trump, Nine West, Guess, Danier, Liz Claiborne, Jessica, Tradition, Nevada, together, Jess, Alia, Tan Jay, Joe Fresh Style, George, Gap, H & M, Old Navy, Tabi, Cleo, Costa Blanca, Laura, Northern Reflections, Reitmans, Sirens, Zara, Ricki’s, Smart Set, Fairweather, Garage, Dynamite, Suzy Shier, Le Chateau, Chicos, Talbots, RW & Co, Coldwater Creek, Dockers, Wrangler, Lee & Jordache.
Consigning Women does not accept wedding dresses, mother-of-the-bride or groom dresses, floor length gowns, lingerie, undergarments, maternity, swimwear or fur coats.
We only accept authentic luxury/designer handbags. We will research your handbag and its authenticity. It is against the law to buy, sell or trade fake designer handbags. A $25 research fee will apply to ALL items that are found to be counterfeit. If we list your authentic item the $25 research fee will be refunded.
- Brick & mortar store closed on January 31, 2018. Therefore, we are no longer accepting merchandise from the general public.
- We are looking for clothing items that are no older than 2 years in sizes 8-18. Note: we have several sources for small sizes and will not be adding anymore at this time. The store always accepts accessories, handbags, shoes & fashion boots that are suitable for the current season.
- No suits or shirts/blouses.
- No heavy wool sweaters until after the Thanksgiving holiday.
- We will not be accepting any more coats. No fur coats.
- Holiday wear in October.
- Accepting current casual wear (including denim).
- Cocktail-length evening wear that is fashionable and in season. No floor length gowns.
Consigning Women will select and price items for consignment. Our customer preferences must be our selection guidelines. Merchandise accepted for consignment must meet the following criteria:
- New & pre-owned apparel & accessories.
- Clothing must be on hangers and ready for sale (no bags, boxes or tubs). Your hangers will be returned.
- Items must be no older than 2 years old.
- Clean – laundered or dry cleaned.
- Pressed, no wrinkles.
- Working zippers and fasteners.
- No missing, loose or cracked buttons.
- No holes, tears, matting or fading.
- No signs of wear on collars, cuffs & hemlines.
- No lint or pet hair.
- No stains or odours.
- All shoes & boots must be cleaned & polished (inside & out). No toe prints in shoes and/or sandals.
- Handbags must be cleaned out, vacuum usually works best (no handbag junk).
- Ensure that everything is there. Forgetting a crucial accessory will decrease the value; if we decide to take it.
- For designer or luxury labels sales receipts are always appreciated.
Please ensure that your items meet our guidelines. We do not have the resources to ready “your” items for sale. If we have to do any sewing, steaming, de-linting, polishing or handbag vacuuming you will be charged a fee for our time. Our job is to sell your merchandise.
Consignors will receive 40% of the sale price of items sold. Items over $150 will receive 50% of the sale price of items sold. The consignment period will be approximately 90 – 100 days. Markdowns will occur as follows: after 30 days – 20% off / after 60 days – 40% off.
Luxury handbags, small leather goods and jewelry will receive 60% of the sale price of items sold. Items priced at $2500 or more will receive 70% of the sale price of items sold. These items will not see any further markdowns as they hold their value. The consignment period for luxury labels will be a minimum of 180 days. Sales receipts, boxes and/or packaging are appreciated. Please contact to discuss further.
Consignors will be paid by cheque. Accounts are reconciled by the 10th of each month. If an account totals $40 or more, a cheque will be sent automatically. Amounts of less than $40 will be rolled over to the next month. All outstanding dollars will be paid at the end of the consignment period.
Following the consignment period Consigning Women will either return your merchandise or donate unsold items to a charity of our choice. If you will be claiming unsold merchandise you will have 10 days to pickup or the items will be donated.
Consigning Women is not responsible for damaged or stolen merchandise.
Consigning Women is looking forward to a long and rewarding business association with you. We couldn’t survive without you, our consigning woman.
Shop with confidence from our online store. Authenticity guaranteed.